Braces don’t always have to be made of very visible metal brackets and wires. In fact, many modern braces are constructed of clear or natural tooth-colored materials to provide patients with a more appealing, less conspicuous option than classic braces.
HOW DO CLEAR BRACES AND CLEAR ALIGNERS DIFFER?
The only difference between clear braces and standard metal braces is that they are transparent! Therefore, clear braces are a less-visible alternative to regular metal braces that offer patients the same level of treatment.
Clear aligners aren’t the same as clear braces. Rather than that, transparent aligners are thin, rigid plastic pieces that fit over your teeth as a mouthguard does. For people who need minor orthodontic treatment, clear aligners are ideal.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES TO CLEAR BRACES?
Picking the appropriate orthodontic treatment for your needs and lifestyle is critical, as it is with any other treatment. Clear braces are a fantastic substitute for traditional metal braces, and Dr. Jordan Jones, your orthodontist in North Miami Beach, FL, will help you decide if they’re suitable for you.
Advantages of Clear Braces:
- Appearance: Ceramic and translucent braces have a considerably more subtle appearance than standard metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces are an attractive alternative to typical metal braces for people who choose not to wear metal braces.
- Confidence: Many individuals who opt for ceramic or clear braces have more confidence in their orthodontic treatment, understanding that people would notice their smiles rather than their braces.
Disadvantages of Clear Braces:
- Cost: Ceramic and transparent braces are likely more expensive than regular metal braces. Your orthodontist may be able to provide you with flexible payment options to help you budget for your treatment. Ensure that you and your orthodontist explore all of your financial options.
- Discoloration: When you drink tea, coffee, or wine, eat certain meals, or smoke, the clear elastic ties with clear ceramic braces may become somewhat discolored. Consult your orthodontist for advice on keeping your braces in excellent condition.
- Treatment Time: Orthodontic treatment using clear or ceramic braces may take longer than treatment with standard metal braces. If you don’t bother devoting a little more time to your smile, chat to your orthodontist about how much time clear or ceramic braces will take to complete. Orthodontic treatment with clear or ceramic braces may take longer than with traditional metal braces. If you don’t mind investing a little more time in your smile, then talk to your orthodontist to find out how long your treatment time will be with clear or ceramic braces.
ARE CERAMIC OR CLEAR BRACES THE BEST OPTION FOR MY SMILE AND MYSELF?
You can determine if transparent or ceramic braces are the best option for you by speaking with your North Miami Beach orthodontist. Dr. Jones, your orthodontist, will answer all of your concerns and provide additional information on the benefits of each treatment. If you’d like to understand more about clear braces, ceramic braces, or choices available to you in our dental office in North Miami Beach, FL, don’t hesitate to contact our office and schedule a complimentary one-on-one consultation with Dr. Jordan Jones.
For orthodontic treatment in North Miami Beach, FL, contact Esteem Braces and Aligners at (786) 744-1570. Reach out to us if you need consultation or treatment with clear braces and schedule an appointment with our orthodontist in North Miami Beach, FL.